Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Marnita's Table

In April, I was able to attend and participate in my first “Marnita’s Table” conversation regarding about volunteerism. Martnita’s Table is a unique method of bringing a variety of people together around intentional conversation.

During the course of two hours, not only did I enjoy fabulous food like grilled Salmon on a cedar plank, but also, I met many individuals from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds. I met people from the business community, the social services sector, and academia. I also met people from Uganda, Kenya, Cuba, Denmark, Venezula, and more. It was an incredible experience resulting in energy and ideas for maximizing the power of volunteerism in our communities!

To participate and learn more about volunteerism in Central Minnesota, go to www.giveitgetit.org!

No comments: