Thursday, December 22, 2011

How Useful Can a 15 Minute Workshop Be?

Have you noticed this resource from Nonprofits Assistance Fund? It’s like the answer to a prayer:


“Please, just tell me the basics; sort out the important points; make it short; easy to find and understand; accessible for my staff and board members; and available on my time!”



Coffee Break Webinars
Nonprofits Assistance Fund explains important financial management topics in easy-to-digest, 15-minute webinars available on demand! Perfect for board members, executive directors and nonprofit staff.

Balance Sheet Basics: What We Have, What We Owe, What We're Worth
Cash vs. Accrual Accounting: See the Future and Not Just the Past
Income Statement Basics: What's Behind the Bottom Line
Managing Restricted Funds: Catch, then Release
Off the Shelf and into Practice: Using Your Annual Audit

I’ve already checked out several of these and to answer my own question: Fifteen minute workshops can indeed be very useful! Don’t take my word for it. Try these out yourself.

Lois Schmidt, NRS, Marshall, Willmar, Redwood Falls

No comments: