Monday, January 23, 2012

Celebrating Good Times

On Martin Luther King Day, the staff of the Alexandria charter (pictured here) gathered to celebrate 2011 and prepare for the year ahead. We heard success stories from branch managers and David Kjos, president of the Alexandria Charter walked us through our 2012 Key Focus Strategies. We had break out sessions and discussed how we can continue to build a strong bank and work even better together to help maximize Bremer’s presence in our communities and help to build healthier communities. In the afternoon, we were kept laughing with Terry Fleck, the Attitude Doctor’s look at life and our own attitudes. I know you’ve probably all seen this before but I thought I’d share the handout he gave us.

Attitude……..by Charles Swindoll

“The Longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say of do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company….a church….a home. The remarkable thing is that we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one thing we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.”

It was a good day and I’m so fortunate to be part of the wonderful Bremer family!

Holly Witt, NRS Alexandria Charter

No comments: