Churches United in Ministry (CHUM) (pictured here) led Tuesday's session on volunteer motivation, giving participants a moment to consider why people volunteer. A few important reasons the groups identified:
- Giving back to their community
- Opportunity to participate in activities with their children
- Appreciate social activity and networking
- That good feeling of helping out and making a difference
- Valuing what the organization does
The training is co-sponsored by MAVA, SW/WC Volunteer Connections, Heartland Community Action and Bremer Bank, Willmar.
Congratulations to all who are building their skills in volunteer management by participating in the Volunteer Impact Leadership Training!
Lois Schmidt, NRS, Willmar