Wednesday, February 16, 2011

In Need of a Pick-Me-Up

There’s lots of winter left, and so far it’s been a rough one. I’m kinda feeling like this barn I snapped a photo of one August afternoon last year. Humpf! I give up!

I remember when I stopped along the road to take the photo, I was driving home after a fun and informative meeting in Windom with nonprofit executives, volunteers and board members. The Minnesota Council of Nonprofits (MCN) and the Nonprofits Assistance Fund (NAF) had come out that day to Cottonwood County to do a workshop on “Presenting Financial Reports” to the board.

Eager to get past this sinking feeling that cold, snow, ice and wind will never end, I’m focusing on what Bremer can bring once Spring breaks out in Southwest Minnesota. In fact, I’m in conversation right now with staff of NAF to arrange for more workshop and webinar opportunities close to home for area nonprofits and their board members.

Here are some of the topics we’re discussing. Let me know what you think. What are you interested in and want to hear more about? You can check out detailed descriptions of each here: http://www.nonprofitsassistancefund.org/pages/workshopdesc.

Fundamentals of Nonprofit Finance
Financial Analysis and Benchmarking
Nonprofit Budgeting: Leading the Budget Process

Lois Schmidt
NRS, Willmar

No comments: